Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Mittens



I bought a pair of mittens after college that said, "U of Iowa" on them. Not expensive. Just regular mittens. I've had them for 12 or more years. I realized two weeks ago that I lost them! I looked everywhere for them. How can you have something for 12 years and then lose them? I was so sad. I loved these mittens. I was leaving work with my mom talking about the mittens. We looked on the ground and she said, "Maybe that is your mitten." I was doubtful... turned it over!! It was!! Where is the other one? I'm looking all over. There it is lying in the gutter. Whoop! Just like God finds us! Run over by cars. Covered in sand and filth. He's so happy when we are found. I put them in the washer to clean them then in the dryer. They left sand and dirt all over ever after I shook them and slapped them trying to get it off before washing. I had to wipe out the machines to clean up the stuff that fell off. When we are found, we have to get rid of all the junk that was stuck to us. Other people have to help us clean up our lives.




No comments: