Saturday, May 8, 2010

Loving Well

Hi went to a conference about Loving Well last weekend. It was a Beth Moore DVD conference where we watched her sessions and then a group of us talked about it. I went with a church I'd never been to, but with an amazing new friend. What a great time to put loving well in to practice! I didn't know anyone else, so I had a chance to just love them all for who they were without any background knowledge.

One of the main points of the weekend was about loving others from the overflow of God's love for us. If we don't allow God to love us, we can't love others. I was just reading in Matthew and came across a verse that really impacted me a few months ago, but I forgot about it.

Matthew 12:34 For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.

Whatever is in our hearts is how we are going to speak to others. If we are low on our love from God and start thinking negatively about other people, we're going to say negative things to those people. If we are full of God and can then think and feel good things for people, positive love will come out of our mouths.

Just a thought. God is unbelievably amazing for loving us.

No comments: