Sunday, August 24, 2008

God's Wake-Up Call

Last weekend, I went to The Call here in DC. It is a huge all day praise and worship get together on the National Mall by thousands of people. It was started by Lou Giglio from the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. Anyway, main point- they said at one point to pray that "God would shake the slumber from you in the mornings." I thought, hmm.. I can pray that prayer too! I did for a couple of days in a row, because I do want to wake up in the morning and pray, but it is sooo hard! Well! God answers prayers. He is now giving me a wake up call at 3:30, 4, 5, 5:30 am on any given day since last Monday. I have been having such an amazing time too and I feel so special that God would do that, know what I mean?? It's like, the creator of the universe is taking the time to wake me up in the morning so He can spend time with me!!! It blows me away.

I gotta tell you, I am getting nervous about this upcoming election. Do you really know the crucial information about the candidate you are voting for??? I have been praying for the nation and the candidates every day. I think this is going to be such a pivotal election for this nation.

My India goals came close to being met as the summer comes to an end (can you tell I've been watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics?). I did not make an Indian friend or watch Bollywood movies. However, a friend of mine and I are planning a party with Indian food and movies that will complete that portion of the goal.

I decided to learn a Hindi Devanagari symbol each week by writing it often and learning the sound. Now that school started, my time is going to be limited to how much I can dedicate to learning the language. Who knows though? Since I am waking up so early, I have a lot of time in the mornings! God is hilarious.

Please pray for my upcoming school year at the River School. I am going to be in the third grade class now with an amazing co-teacher who really knows what is going on. I am being very challenged right now with the amazing amount of knowledge I have to learn in a short amount of time. God doesn't give us more than we can handle though, so I know it will be ok. Thank you!

No comments: