Saturday, August 9, 2008

Indian Dinner Goal- Check!

The Menu:
Beef Rice Casserole
Naan Bread
Coffee Drop Cookies
Almond Honey Milk

The Review:

The Beef Rice Casserole was deeeeelicious!! I forgot to put the cheese on in the end, but it was still very yummy. I don't think it was officially authentic since cows are sacred in India. I did get it from an authentic Indian recipe website. I had to make something beef because my mom doesn't like very many kinds of meat. :)

The Naan bread- wowie! That was soooo filling! It didn't have yeast in it and it was really hard on the outside, but soft on the inside. I don't think I would eat it by itself, but it was good to dip into the beef casserole.

The Coffee Drop Cookies actually had coffee in them! Yum!

The cookies were so good dipped into the Almond Honey Milk. About 1/3 of it boiled over all of a sudden when I was making it though... ops.

Overall! I spent about 4 to 5 hours cooking. I don't know how people in India cook so long so often. Maybe that is an American culture thing that I have taken on in my life style. I mean, cooking could be really fun and a time for women to talk. I just need more people to cook with me. I'll make it an event! It has to go faster with more people, right? I am definitely going to cook Indian food more often because it was really good and not that hard.

No comments: